Monmouth County Remodeling Process
Every Monmouth County remodeling project starts in your head and heart. AHR Design Solutions will pull your ambitions out of you and create a visual presentation that supports your design concept. We’ll come over to measure and photograph your existing space, put together drawings with options and product choices and fold them into one final presentation. Our final presentation of professional drawings will show you exactly how your remodel will look upon completion.
Planning a home renovation can quickly become frustrating and overwhelming for homeowners, however, learning and understanding the remodeling process upfront, then much of your anxiety can be prevented. A Monmouth County home remodel is similar to building a new home, just smaller in scale. You still need to secure financing, find a remodeling contractor, have plans drawn, subcontractors and more. Most people do not realize that a kitchen renovation involves as many steps and subcontractors to be involved as building a new house. But don’t fear-as a home builder and Monmouth County remodeling contractor I explain this process below.
- Financing Your local bank is the best place to secure a home improvement loan. There are many types of specialty loans available.
- Scope If you plan on moving walls, then you need a local draftsman or architect to draw your plans. Plans are also needed for obtaining an accurate quote from a remodeling contractor and will be submitted for the permitting purposes.
- Finding and Interviewing Remodeling Contractors You need to receive multiple quotes from remodeling contractors on your home renovation project. This process is crucial, not just to obtain a reasonable price for your project, but to see in action the contractor’s attitude for the project, timelines, references and more.
- Permits The remodeling contractor will need to pull permits based on the project scope. Even if you choose to do the home renovation project yourself, you will still need to pull city or county permits for your local area. Depending on your local area, the permit process can take a considerable amount of time. If you choose not to do so, you are subjecting yourself to fines.
Services We Provide:
- Replacement Windows
- Kitchen Remodeling
- Bathroom Remodeling
- Basement Remodeling
- Residential Painting
- Landscape Lighting
- Electrical Repairs
- Handyman Services
- Home Design Services
- Home Additions
- Home Theater Installations